- This welding process has high deposit rate. Almost 45kg/h can be deposited.
- In mechanized applications.
- Very little welding fume is seen . .
- No edge preparation is needed.
- This process is applicable indoor as well as outdoor.
- No chance of weld spatter as it is submerged in flux blanket.
- Operation is limited to some specific metals.
- The application is limited to straight seams and pipes and vessels.
- The flux handling can be tough.
- Health issue can be caused because of the flux.
- Slag removal is needed after welding.
- Joining of pressure vessels such as boilers.
- Many structural shapes, earth moving equipment, pipes.
- Railroad construction, locomotives and ship building.
- Repairing machine parts.