After solidification of the metal from further cooling (room temp.) dimensions of the patterns increases. So pattern size is bigger than that of the finished cast products. This is known as shrinkage allowance.
- Different types of casting defects
- What is casting ? Main application of castings
- different types of patterns that are used on the sand casting process.
- different types of molding sand
- properties of various natural and synthetic molding sands
- Comparison of different casting processes.
- Advantages and disadvantages of centrifugal castings.
- Different Materials Used for Patterns