What are renewable energy sources ?
Renewable Energy Sources refers to the sources which are not at risk of being finished. They are replaced naturally. At present times it seems that the use of renewable sources are inevitable because the non - renewable energy sources are getting scarce. The non-renewables like coal, crude oil. nuclear sources, natural gas, wood fuels, shale oil are almost on the verge of getting totally finished. So power industries are now looking for the utilization of the renewables. At present 16% of the world's total energy supply comes from renewable sources.
- A schematic representation of Flash Steam Power plant powered by Geothermal Energy
- Different Energy Sources - Units and Conversions
Renewable energy sources list
The main sources for renewable energy are
- Solar Energy (Photovoltaic Cells , PV)
- Wind energy
- Ocean Energy (Ocean Thermal Energy Conversion , OTEC and Wave energy)
- Tidal energy
- Geothermal Energy
- Hydraulic Energy sources
- Energy from Biomass etc .