TIG Aluminum Welding Benefits
- One of the many advantages of TIG aluminum welding is it eliminates the requirement of flux. As a result the welding is free from a source of corrosion.
- Welding can be done in any position. TIG welding also gives better visibility and high speed welding can be performed.
- Pressure tight joints can be got with very low distortion and high strength.
- GTAW is relatively easy to perform and it is a high speed welding technique. It is one of the reasons that TIG is preferred over other fusion welding methods.
- TIG welding uses non-consumable electrodes and AC current. Argon or Helium is used as the inert shielding gas. If filler material is needed then it can be fed automatically or manually.
- Very thin aluminum (0.6 mm 0r 0.025 inches) can be welded but materials having thickness of 1 mm or more give good results.