Read These :
Industrial Engineering and Production Management Questions and Answers Part 1
Industrial Engineering and Production Management Questions and Answers Part 2
Industrial Engineering and Production Management Questions and Answers Part 3
Industrial Engineering and Production Management Questions and Answers Part 4
Industrial Engineering and Production Management Questions and Answers Part 6
Industrial Engineering and Production Management Questions and Answers
ans- Standard time + policy allowance .
2. How many fundamental hand motion is involved in micromotion study ?
3. There are three activities in a PERT network on critical path. The mean times are 3,8 and 6. The standard deviations are 1,2 and 2 respectively. What is the probability that the project will be completed in 20 days ?
4. Scheduling determines what ?
ans- Programme needed for the operation.
5. A system of organisation was introduced by F. W. Taylor . It is known as -
ans- Functional organization.
6. What is the sequence of phases in value engineering ?
ans- 1. creative phase 2. information phase 3. investigation phase and 4. evaluation phase.
7. When valve analysis is appreciated ? In large production scale or small production scale?
ans- In large production scale.
8. What are the conditions for using conveyors for transportation ?
ans - loads should be uniform , no variation the routs and continuous movement of the material.
9. Planning and scheduling of Mass production manufacturing differs from that of job order manufacturing . True or False ?
ans - True .
10. What information does scheduling gives us ?
ans - The perfect time for starting the job and the amount of work that should be completed in a certain amount of time.
11. Which type of layout is used for manufacturing steam turbine ?
ans- fixed position layout,
12. What information does Gantt chart give us ?
ans- Information about production scheduling.
13. When materials are checked in perpetual inventory control ?
ans- when material reaches its minimum value.
14. Why merit rating is used ?
ans - To evaluate workers performance in a work.
15. Do you think that acceptance sampling is good for mass production ?
16. What is Queuing theory ?
ans - It is the theory for determining the waiting times and queue lengths by using mathematical study. It is basically the study of waiting lines .
17. What is the standard time for a job ?
ans - delay contingency allowance plus the total work content time.
18. What is the full form of PERT ?
ans - Programme Evaluation and Review Technique
20. When bonus is paid to a worker in wage incentive system named Emerson's efficiency plan ?
ans - when his or hers output efficiency exceeds 67%.