Biomass - Important facts
Definition of biomass fuel?
Renewable energy the great green hope !
Renewable energy sources - graphical representation
Classifications of biomass
- Solid biomass like - weeds, agricultural residues, coconut shells, cotton stock con cob etc.
- Powdery biomass like - rice husk, ground, cofee husk, sugarcane smashes parts etc.
Biomass advantages and disadvantages
- Biomass energy is renewable or alternative.
- Biomass is carbon neutral.
- It is inexhaustible fuel source.
- Biomass produces very low amount of carbon compared to fossil fuel energy;
- The environmental impact is minimum if the direct burning burning is avoided. Instead of that fermentation or pyrolysis can be used
- Alcohol and other forms of fuels produced from biomass is very clean burning and environment friendly.
- Fossil fuels are more efficient than biomass fuels.
- Sometimes biofuel production can be proved a little expensive.
- Some biomass production plants need a lot of space to grow the raw materials of the plant (crops and plants)
- Direct burning can produce pollution by particulate emission.
- Pros and Cons of Geothermal Energy
- Solar energy pros and cons
- Different renewable energy sources - graphical presentation
- What is the cheapest renewable energy source - biomass
- Solar pond pump or solar fountain pump advantages and disadvantages
- Wave energy pros and cons