Please Read :
- Abrasive Jet Machining Process
- Water Jet Machining Process .
- Laser Beam Machining
- Electrical Discharge Machining (EDM) Principles
Ultrasonic Machining (USM) Principles
Advantages of USM:
2. Non-conducting materials like glass, ceramics and semi precious stones can also be machined.
Disadvantages of Ultrasonic Machining :
1. Hard and brittle materials can be machined like tungsten carbide, diamond and glass. These are difficult to machine in conventional m/c-ing process.
2. Wire drawing dies of tungsten carbide can be drilled by this process.
4. It has been proved successful in machining geranium, silicon quartz and synthetic ruby etc.